WHAT TO EXPECT FROM PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES THIS WEEK(WEEK 38
1. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is in terrific form (9 goals since his winter switch) and looks to be the real deal for the Gunners ahead of the start of next season. However, can his goals finally secure Arsenal a first road point in 2018 at Huddersfield Town? A perfect way to send-off Arsene Wenger.
2. Chelsea mathematically still have a slim chance of sneaking into the UEFA Champions League, provided Liverpool lose at home to Brighton and Hove. We don’t expect that outcome happening, hence the Blues can start their registration and orientation programme ahead of next season’s UEFA Europa League.
3. Can Southampton prove to be spoilers and deny Manchester City another Premier League new record? The Citizens can become the first team to attain 100 points in the top division if they secure a win at the Saints on the final day.
4. It should be a befitting send-forth for Michael Carrick as the ‘Calm One’ bids farewell to the Red Devils after 12 years at the club.
5. Who wins the battle for top goal scorer between Mohamed Salah and Harry Kane? If Salah does manage to hold on to or surpass his three goal lead, he will become the first African to win the award since Didier Drogba in 2010.
6. It should be a last Premier League outing in at least a year for Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion and Swansea City as they have been relegated from the topflight.
7. Who remembers when Chelsea fans happily mocked Arsenal fans earlier in the season about their sixth-place position, and it being their rightful place? Well, as faith will have it, both teams regardless of the point difference are two of the three Premier League’s representatives next season in the UEFA Europa League!!! They both deserve some accolades!